Spring Break has been begun for our kiddos, and one recipe that has been our go-to lately is this light, but filling salad. It’s easy to make & everyone thinks it’s gourmet!
What You Need:
- 1 chicken breast
- Italian dressing
- 50/50 salad mixture
- 1/4 cup of Dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup of Pecans
- 1 Apple, diced into cubes (I like Gala apples)
- 2 Tbsp. of Blood Orange olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Of cranberry pear balsamic vinegar
How To Make It:
- In your crockpot, lightly cover your chicken breast with the Italian dressing. Cook your chicken breast for 2-2.5 hours, and once finished dice the chicken into chunks. *You can make this the day prior and put on the salad cold.
- In a small pan, use a small sliver of butter and 1/4 cup of pecans. Toast on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine salad, pecans, cranberries, diced apple, and diced chicken.
- Pour the olive oil/balsamic mixture over the entire salad and then use salad utensils to mix the entire salad together to coat everything. Enjoy!
*Check your speciality food stores for the Blood Orange Olive Oil & Cranberry Pear Balsamic Vinegar