One of my favorite go to recipes for a wine and cheese night is Bruschetta. It is easy, filling, and pairs perfectly with a red wine.
- 1 Loaf of French Bread
- Olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp. of Minced Garlic
- 4 Roma Tomatoes, washed & diced
- 3 – 4 Fresh Basil Leaves, washed & sliced into pieces.
- 1/2 Tsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Tsp of Garlic Powder
- Dash of Salt & Pepper
- Preheat a panini press or oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice French bread & drizzle olive oil.
- Mix together tomatoes, garlic, basil, and seasonings.
- Toast the Slices of bread for 10 min or until lightly golden. If using a panini press, grill until light marks appear, about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture and enjoy!
Tip: You can also drizzle balsamic vinegar for an extra zing.