Growing up, we lived all over, including Japan & Germany. We had the best adventures, but we couldn’t visit family back home as often. When we finally moved back to the states, we would visit my grandparents during the summer.
When we would step into my Mema’s house, she would always have “Trash” made and ready for us to eat and talk.
Now many of you, know this as Chex Mix, but in our home we call it Trash. This is not the recipe off the box, but still classic and yummy. Not to mention, it is the perfect appetizer with the Super Bowl coming up. It makes a lot, and it’s delicious!
- 1 – 12 oz box of Crispix cereal OR 3 cups Corn Chex & 3 cups of Rice Chex
- 1 Tablespoon of seasoned salt
- 3 Tsp. of lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cup of pretzels
- 1 1/2 cup of pecans
- 1 stick of real butter
- In a saucepan, on medium low heat – melt butter, seasoned salt, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce together.
- In a bowl, mix together pretzels, pecans, and cereals then spread of a baking sheet.
- Pour the sauce over the mixture, and use a spatula to coat the mixture.
- Bake at 250 Degrees for 45 minutes, and stir the mixture every 15 minutes.
- Once finished, lay on paper towels to dry out and then store in an air tight container.
TIP: You can freeze the mixture and bring out later to eat.