One of my favorite Christmas Cookies are called Snowballs, but I’ve also hear them called Mexican Wedding Cookies, or Russian Tea Cakes too.
I look forward to making these all year and my kids love that they look like snowballs!
I’ve made several recipes over the years, but after a little tweaking of those, I have one that is perfect!
- 2 sticks of REAL butter, softened
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- Dash of Cinnamon
- 1 cup of Chopped Pecans
- 2 cups of All-Purpose Flour
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line your cookie sheet silicon mats or parchment paper. Take your Chopped Pecans and chop them even more until they are little pieces.
- In a stand mixer, beat together the white and brown sugar and the butter until fluffy. Beat in the cinnamon, then add in the pecans and flour until the dough becomes together.
- Use a cookie scoop and form tablespoon sized balls and place them about 1 inch apart on the cookies sheet. Bake for about 10-12 minutes (you will see the bottoms get slightly golden brown), and let them rest on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes or until cool to the touch.
- Roll through powdered sugar and let them finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Once they are cooled, then roll through powdered sugar for a second coat.
*They can be stored in an airtight container for a week.