I was at the grocery store the other day and saw Campbell’s had a slow cooker sauce for Beef Stew. It was less than $2 and figured I would give it a whirl. The stew turned out really well. My only suggestion was that it was slightly bland so after adding a little salt and pepper it kicked it up a notch. If you are not much of a cook, I would give it a go since it’s pretty fail proof.
- 1 pound of stew beef
- 1 pouch of Campbell’s beef stew slow cooker sauce
- 4-5 medium sized red potatoes
- 1.5 cup of baby carrots
- 1/4 cup of diced onion
- 1/4 cup of diced celery
- Layer potatoes, onion, carrots, celery and add stew beef on top.
- Cook in a slow cooker on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4 – 6 hours.
- Stir about 15 min prior to finishing cooking.
- Serve with cornbread or crusty bread.