First start of the work week and if you don’t know what to cook then always check here on Mondays for some inspiration. This week is Jambalaya and we love it. You can make it extra spicy if you like it or turn it down a notch.
When I was pregnant with my second, I made it way TOO spicy and ended up in the hospital for some minor contractions. If you don’t like things spicy then omit the red pepper. The cajun seasoning usually has enough spice in it.
- 1 package of smoked turkey sausage (usually comes with 2 links)
- 28 oz of diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Dash of Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Dash of red pepper or more for spice
- White rice (usually 2 packs)
- In a slow cooker, mix sausage, tomatoes, chicken broth, minced garlic, and seasoning. You can also add in chicken – cut the raw chicken into about 1 inch pieces and mix in the with everything and cook as directed. Feel free to add what you want. We have even put in left over smoked turkey tenderloin.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or 7 to 8 hours on low. Mix in the cooked rice about 20 minutes prior to it being finished.