It might be Fall, but grilling burgers is something that can be made year round. When it’s too cold to grill, I use our panini press to grill!! These burgers add an Italian flair to the typical burger and will definitely leave you wanting more.
To make this a lighter option, we use extra lean ground turkey for our burgers, but feel free to use beef. We also use the light version of English Muffins, toast them, and leave them open faced.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- Mozzarella balls
- 1 cup chopped Fresh Spinach leaves
- Garnish: Balsamic vinegertte
- Garnish: Olive oil
- Toasted English muffin
- Set Oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine ground turkey and seasonings and form into patties. Approximately 6 patties.
- Grill each side for 8 minutes on indoor/outdoor grill.
- While grilling, place cherry tomatoes on pan and drizzle olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper and bake for 14 minutes.
- Layer: English muffin (toasted), burger patty, chopped spinach, roasted tomatoes, mozzarella balls, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.