Nothing says Fall like Pumpkin Chili. This is perfect for those cool Fall evenings when you just want something cozy to warm you up. Not to mention, it involves a crock pot so Bonus! While good ole’ cornbread or tortilla chips pair great with chili, I love these cheesy biscuits.
1 pound of ground turkey/beef
1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
1 large Onion, chopped
1 can of Pure Pumpkin
1 can of Diced Tomatoes
1 can of northern beans, drained
1 1/2 cup of water
1 Tbsp. of olive oil
1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
2 Tsp. Chili Pepper
2 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1 Tsp. All Spice
1/2 Tsp. Nutmeg
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
1/2 Tsp Salt
- Add 1 Tbsp. of olive oil and cook Red & Green Pepper, Onion until tender then add to crock pot.
- Brown meat in a pan, season with black pepper and salt.
- Combine in Crockpot: Cooked meat, diced tomatoes, pure pumpkin, water, and seasonings then add beans and stir.
- Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or High for 4-6 hours
1 1/2 Cups Bisquick
3/4 Cup Buttermilk
3 Tbsp. Sugar
1/4 Tsp. Vanilla
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 and spray a mini muffin plan with cooking spray.
- Stir all ingredients together until combine.
- Scoop into muffin pan and bake for 10 – 12 minutes, until golden.
- **If you don’t have buttermilk, pour white vinegar to cover the bottom of 3/4 cup and add milk. Wait a few minutes and you will have buttermilk.