This past week has been heart breaking with Hurricane Harvey doing damage in Texas. Not only does it hit close to home with being from Texas, but we have friends and family living in Houston and many that have been affected by Harvey. My sister in law said her neighbor made over 150 rescues the other night because the flooding has become so bad.
If you can support in some way whether through prayer, sending good thoughts, donation of items, time, anything is helpful. I love how everyone is coming together to help, care for, and support one another. It is truly heart warming.
- Text HARVEY to 90999 to make a $10 donation to the American Red Cross. You can do this multiple times. You can also visit redcross.org or call 1- 800-RED CROSS. The Red Cross depends on financial donations to help provide immediate relief.
- JJ WATT from the Houston Texas has started a donation page and 100% of the donations will go straight to disaster relief. You can find the site HERE.
- Donations to support The Salvation Army’s Hurricane Harvey relief efforts can be made at helpsalvationarmy.org or by calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY.
- Carters BloodCare covers hospitals in north, central and east Texas. To donate, call 877-571-1000 or text DONATE4LIFE to 444-999.
- To help animals suffering from the disaster, visit the Houston Humane Society or the San Antonio Humane Society.
- The Texas Diaper Bank has issued an urgent request for donations, stating that diapers are not provided by disaster relief agencies. The diaper bank will be distributing emergency diaper kits to affected families. You can donate money HERE, or you can send diaper to the following address: The Texas Diaper Bank 5415 Bandera Road, Suite 504 San Antonio, TX 78238
Shop for the Cause:
- Mason Chix – Mason Chix shares their love for comfy tees and everything purposeful. They have decided to use what we do *t-shirts* to help! 100% of the funds will go directly towards the recovery process in Houson and Rockport Fulton. You can purchase the shirt through their Etsy shop – Mason Chix Texas Strong
- Chip and Joanna Gaines from HGTV’s Fixer Upper is donating 100% of the proceeds from their “Texas Forever” T-shirt towards Hurricane Harvey relief efforts from now until the end of September. You can purchase the shirt – Texas Forever Shirt
- Oliver & Otis are Two Texas sisters working hard at making their dream of owning a t-shirt shop come true. They are donating 100% of the proceeds directly to those affected by Hurricane Harvey. You can pre-order their Texans Unite shirt Here.