Y’all I am telling you, this banana bread will blow your socks off. It doesn’t last long in our household!
- 1 1/2 sticks of REAL butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. I don’t know about you, but I never have buttermilk. Instead you can use white vinegar (place enough to cover the bottom of the 1/2 cup) & then add milk. Let it set while you continue the directions.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Mix in the bananas and then add the eggs and cinnamon.
- Use a separate bowl and combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix in and alternate between flour mixture and milk.
- Fill a loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Let it set for 15 minutes.
- I usually wrap mine with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil.
* You may have extra batter left over. Use it and make mini muffins etc for the kiddos lunches.