If you are in need of a last minute dish for the Super Bowl then add this to the menu. These easy and are great year round! I especially loved to make them around Christmas time. These aren’t spicy, so don’t let the green chilis scare you!!
There are a few different varieties floating around the Internet, so feel free to mix in different cheeses like pepper jack or skip on the green chilis , etc on these sausage balls.
- 1 pound breakfast sausage (I have used breakfast deer sausage too!)
- 1 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1 package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 can of green chilis
- 1 1/4 cup of bisquick
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all of the ingredients including the juice of the green chilis.
- You can use a cookie scoop or shape into balls about the size of a golf ball.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Internal temp will be at least 160 degrees F.
- Eat them at room temperature or after they have slightly cooled from the oven. Enjoy!!