Yep, it’s been crazy, crazy life around these parts the last few months. I know, no posts in over 4 months is ridiculous. Lol- Thank you for reminding me WordPress. My hubby has always had sinus issues/allergies and it finally got to the point where surgery was required. We spent most of December with him recovering (he didn’t respond well to the provided meds) and then went on a ski trip with my WHOLE family. Yes, that would be 16 people for 8 days together and it was a blast!
I’ll recap our trip later, but for now- these meatballs are something you want to cook for dinner. Did I mention it involves the crockpot. Yep, can I get a heck ya!! For my gluten free friends- you can my these GF friendly too.
Crockpot Turkey Meatballs
- 1 pound Turkey or ground beef
- Some kind of crackers (use GF for those, if needed.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 big can of crushed tomatoes
- Food process about 6 crackers until they are crumbs
- Mix crumbs, meat, egg, olive oil, cheese and seasonings together.
- Make into golf ball size balls (approx 16-20)
- Heat up some vegetable oil in a pan and brown the meatball on each side so it stays together in a ball. The middle will not be cooked.
- Pour half the can of tomatoes on the bottom of the crockpot. Add the meatballs and cover with the rest of the tomatoes.
- Cook on high for 4 hours and low for 6 hours. Internal temp should read at least 165 degrees.
Add with your favorite pasta and spaghetti sauce or eat alone as a meal. Either way- it involves the crockpot so I’m a happy chick! Enjoy!
By the way: I’m lame and dont have a final pic of the meatballs. #momlife