Typically on the weekends, you can find us sitting around a fire pit enjoying time with friends, while our kiddos run around and play. We love to end a night with our friends by toasting some marshmallows and making delicious S’mores.
Well…it was a week night and there was no time to sit around a fire pit making S’mores. So the next best thing happened. Yep, S’mores Cookie Bars using Cake Mix. Oh Say What?!?! Add to cart, because these are a keeper!
- 1 Package Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1 Cup Crushed Graham Crackers (approx. 6 whole graham crackers)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Jar of Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 2 Teaspoons of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 2.2 qt pan. (You know, not the 8×8 and not the 9×13, but the one right in the middle)
- Stir cake mix, melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, and eggs together in a large bowl. Use about half the mixture and press into the pan. TIP: Spray the back of a measuring cup or spoon with cookie spray to press into the pan.
- Spread the marshmallow fluff on top of the cake mixture. Spray the back of a measuring cup with pam to help spread.
- In a small pot, melt chocolate chips, butter and vanilla. Let the chocolate cool slightly.
- Spread the chocolate over the marshmallow fluff.
- Use the rest of the cake mix batter and spread evenly on top of the chocolate.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.