Hunting season is here, which means my hubby is out the door and sitting in a tree stand. Now, if you have never been hunting before, it is a lot of sitting and cold weather. My hubby’s only saving grace during hunting season is that I have the Hallmark channel and I fully enjoy every.single.Christmas.movie!!
While my hubby was hunting in Kansas, I snapped him a few pics of this gourmet grilled cheese, I made for dinner. I tell you what, it was the perfect sandwich for a cold day. Delish!!
Gourmet Grilled Cheese
- Bread – Some type of heavy bread, like sourdough
- Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 2-3 pieces of Bacon
- Smoked Gouda Cheese
- Gruyere Cheese
- Brie Cheese
- 1 Chipotle Chile in Adobe Sauce plus 1 Tsp of the sauce
- 1/4 Cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/2 Cup Ranch Dressing
- 1/3 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Tsp. Dried Dill
- Place ingredients in a blender or food processors and mix for a 2 – 3 minutes until smooth.
- Cooked Chicken – Season chicken to your liking and cook in crock pot for 3 hours on high and then shred the chicken after.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread and spread the sauce on the others sides.
- Slice the different cheese and place on the sauce side.
- Add chicken, bacon and more slices of cheese
- Place sandwich on a skillet at medium-Medium/Low heat and cover.
- Grill each side of the sandwich and enjoy!